Here are some M8’s that I enjoyed building. They are from Italeri – a very nice model I must say. The decals was by far the biggest task when making these models! The stars in the front was a living nightmare, I couldn’t get them to stick on the surface as it was not flat – I have tried this before without problems, but this one’s just wouldn’t work, so I ended up drying the transfers and sticking them to the vehicle with a matt coat, which made it a little bit easier.
A vehicle registration that should sit on the side of the vehicles was all to big so I skipped them. And the yellow markings also needed a little extra work as you only get numbers for one vehicle (C-30), but this was quit easy to fix with some cutting and painting.
A fellow member, on one the forums I visit, pointed out that the US M8’s didn’t have the muzzle flash suppressor, they are now cut off, but that happened after this pictures was taken.
As said before, the models are from Italeri. The figures are Milicast, stowage are from Goffy Models and SHQ.
The front wheel skirts was removed on this vehicle to make a little difference between the them. I choosed to do this on vehicle number 32 as this number was the hardest one to make (without the skirts I only have to make numbers on one of the sides…)