I bought my airbrush several weeks ago, but did not really have the time to try it out for real… until now.
This was what I started out with. I could just not get it work for me. Found out that I used too much air pressure and the Vallejo colours was too thin for my liking. Using Tamiya and more than 50% lower air pressure I started to feel in control. The Jeep with the decals is the only one that is not new, I painted over the old paint and did my best to still be able to use them. They are all pin washed, some a bit too rough for my liking.
This is all old models painted in dark olive green, which is wrong, so I have just painted a lightened version of Olive Drab over the old paint. The vehicles in the first row has been pin washed using black oil colour thinned with white spirit!
Next step is to paint all the other colours, add lots of stowage, add decals and do a light drybrush before I spray dull coat onto the models to seal them before I do the weathering. Figures will be added as the last task.
hope you like what you see so far! :-)