Woooow – it is long time since I have been working on my La Fière Bridge houses. I felt that now is the time to continue. I guess that I have a limit of how many figures I can paint before I have to do something else for a while, I almost did 5 squads.
I needed to do something else, so I continued on my house project. Painting a house that I built a year ago. Here are pictures of the painted walls. I still need to add the door, paint the roof, and add details such as moss and strokes of dirt from rainwater. Right now I have used pigments for mortar between the stones but after adding plaster a few places, to make it look like reparations (something the real house don’t have) I found out that I easily will be able to use the plaster as mortar and achieve a more realistic look, so I will probably go back and work on the walls again at some point.
In the lower corner to the left I have used plaster as mortar and like the look, I will probably use this on the rest of the house.
I like how the house blend into the terrain. The plaster reparations is too distinct though (more on the pictures than in real life). I will probably try to make them less dominant.
The house is made for my La Fière Bridge project. The initial thought was to make moulds of every house that I build for this project so that I easily would be able to make more french farm buildings. The idea was good but I found out that I liked to make the houses from scratch but the process of making moulds was extremely boring. And when considering that I will have 15-20 farm buildings when ready, I probably never are going to need more of them which make all the work doing moulds a bit overkill. The idea is still good and I will probably do it when I am going to build small town buildings – making moulds for roofs and all the walls minus the facades, then I will be able to do all the fun facade building and just make copies of the rest from the moulds.
I removed as much of the old plaster as possible and added a new layer all over to fill the cracks between the stones. The plaster was a bit too bright so I sprayed a thin layer of brown all over and then added pigments to make it look old – now I am pretty satisfied with the result.
The pictures can be watched in bigger size by clicking them: