Haven’t been able to be very active in company with my small toy armies for a week. A combination of work assignments out-of-town and making our flat ready to be sold has forced me to use my time different than normal. Selling the apartment has forced me to clean out the man cave which has made the room very popular, my girlfriend have been seen setting her foot in the room for the first time in ages… at the same time our two-year kid has totally lost interest of the room as there is no cool stuff to steal or destroy anymore.
But still I have been doing some process with the StuG’s. I used most of a evening adding decals to the sideskirts. As much as I love the Archer’s dry decals I also hate them. I guess the biggest problem is my fat fingers in combination of the tidious task of making 12 skirts that have to look the same.
Cleaner than ever – I am going to miss Copenhagen’s coolest apartment…
Dry transfers gives a great result, but damn they can be annoying to fit onto the vehicles.
The decal on the StuH 42 is inspired from one used in Italy that had the number 55 written the same place (but in black).
I also gave the vehicles a wash using AK Interactive enamel wash for DAK vehicles. One of the tanks I had either forgotten to spray with satin coat or maybe the surface had become too rough due to bad airbrushing – the result was that the effect of the wash became very dark. I had to re-paint it. I decided to skip the camo, not because of being lazy, I love to paint camo, but to make some difference from the other StuG’s.
Wash done, next step is to paint tracks and tools.
Now I have to paint the tracks, probably the most boring task ever (that or fitting Italeri tracks to a model). After that I will love to add chips and pigments.
(I made this post just to avoid painting tracks – now I have no more excuses… aaargh)